Student Volunteers will play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ANZAED Conferences. Being a Student Volunteer is a great way to network with your fellow students, qualified health professionals and researchers in the eating disorders fields, ANZAED staff, as well as enjoying complimentary entry to Conference events.
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate and postgraduate students, who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to making ANZAED conference's a unique experience for all attendees.
All student volunteers are expected to be available for the 1, 2 or 3 days of the conference including a compulsory briefing session the day before the conference. Preference will be given to volunteers able to attend for two or three days. You will need to arrive 90 minutes prior to the conference start time each day, unless alternate arrangements are made,
Main Volunteer Responsibilities
The roles for the volunteers are to assist at the registration desk; to help delegates navigate around the conference; to assist in meeting rooms by carrying roving microphones and assisting with difficulties such as calling AV staff when AV problems occur; and to assist the volunteers co-ordinator and other conference organisers as required.
One volunteer will be assigned to every session; Session responsibilities include being at the door of the session 10 minutes before the session starts to welcome delegates and help direct them to the correct session rooms
- Ensure the room is correctly set up and water jugs are full (venue staff will have done this, prior to the sessions commencing)
- Ensure the Session Chair is present and let them know that you are there to assist them if required (handouts of printed material etc.)
- Remain at the back of the room to assist with any latecomers and so that the events team can contact you easily if required
- In the event of a technical problem with presentations, audio visual contact in the onsite Speakers Support Centre
If assigned to the registration desk, hand out name tags and satchels to delegates an offering directions to meeting and rest rooms
- Complimentary Conference registration which includes; morning and afternoon teas and lunch for the days volunteering at the conference
- When not required to assist, the opportunity to sit in on sessions
- The opportunity to network and make contacts for your future profession
- Letter of participation post-conference.
To apply to volunteer at the conference, please complete the form. We will reply by 31 May, or if you apply following this date we will reply within two weeks of your submission